Monday, July 19, 2004

New outlets

I spent part of the weekend installing outlet around the house, including one GFCI in the kitchen. Originally there was only an ordinary outlet in the kitchen, so the hole in the tile was too small for the bulky new receptacle. So I had to file away some of the tile and some of the plastic bits on the outlet with my Leatherman. Finally I used a one-by-four and a hammer to force it in place. I pity the person who has to replace it -- hopefully they'll tear down the house first.

The other outlet in the kitchen was at least has hard. There really ought to be a law against painting screws and the penalty should be harsh. When the screw head got completely mangled, I unscrewed it using the Leatherman's needle-nose pliers. Fun.

I really like screws that have Phillips and flat heads. If I were dictator of the world, I'd require them everywhere.

No comments: