Friday, September 22, 2006

Half-millionaire

I just felt like crowing this morning, because my IRA has a market value over a half million dollars. Unfortunately, most of the balance is based on a single position, Advanced Neutraceuticals Inc. My 499 shares are trading at $1,025.000 for a grand total of $511,475.00. Sadly, my sell order online fails with the following message: "We are unable to process the order referenced above. This security is subject to a corporate action. Please call our Customer Service line if you need further assistance." In the crazy world of high finance, I'm bound to lose my first half million almost as quickly as I gained it.

P.S. There was a little bit of drama just before the shareholder vote. Fortunately, it seems to have worked out for me, though it wouldn't be the end of the world to have been left with a small, cash-flow positive company with manageable debt and insider-buying.

No comments: